Wednesday, July 18, 2007

From Good to Bad in Record Time!

If you would've talked to me yesterday...well you would've known that I was doing my radio show that had just begun it's second hour. Also, at this very moment 24 hours ago I was interviewing Steve Mark, the "voice" behind the MLS Cup Champion Houston Dynamo.

Everything was going well. I would finish the show, which, incidentally was the best show we've done so far. (be sure to check it out here). I left the radio station with two of my best friends, and went to a coffee shop in Sugar Land to play some poker with some of my small group. I lost all my fake money, but I did have fun. The night was going good, and then in walked someone I never thought I'd see --Hakeem Olajuwon. Hakeem Olajuwon walked in to the coffee shop I was at. It took a while, but I finally got up the courage to go get a picture and an autograph. He was a nice guy.

Something happened to me today that really made me realize how meaningless meeting Olajuwon was. Today I lost the best thing that has ever happened to me. I've never felt more alone or more sad. It has just really broken me...hard. It's made me realize that life can be cruel. I don't think I've cried over anything more. ever.

I don't have anything profound or anything for any readers to think about. I just need prayer. Lots of it.

God, you have broken me. Please put me back together. Thank you.

No comments: